Welcome to the first step in becoming an independent contractor for Indiana Transport’s Multi-Haul Division! This specialized division focuses on transporting multiple smaller units at the same time and requires unique equipment to do so. Please take a moment to read over the details and qualifications on this page, and don’t forget to call us if you have any questions.
After reading through the requirements below, if you would like to continue the process of becoming a contractor, submit the Application, MVR consent form, PSP consent form, and our recruiting department will follow-up via email the next business day. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you!
Independent Contractor Qualifications
- Must be 23 years of age or older
- Class A CDL preferred but not required
- If the contractor does not have a CDL, a certain license may be required to transport RV’s.
- Applicant driving records will be checked for prior violations/convictions and approved or denied
- No history of drug, DUI, OWI, careless, reckless driving, or habitual offender convictions
- Full 10-year work history must be documented on the application
- Pass an Indiana Transport road test
- Pass a DOT drug test prior to being dispatched
- Must meet the physical requirements of 49 CFR 391.41
- Must have a smartphone (Android or iOS), no flip phones.
Tractor & Step Deck Trailer Requirements
- Tractor trailer combination should be no more than 75 ft. in length
- Trailer should be no more than 53 ft. in length
- Top deck of trailer less than 54″ and lower deck above rear axle(s) less than 3 ft.
- Trailer width of 102″
- Trailer attachment should be fifth wheel only, no gooseneck trailers.
- Trailer must be equipped with a 10k winch, 3 ft. stinger extension at the front of the trailer, center rail, sliding ramps, and dovetail.
Haul & Tow Truck Requirements
- Class 5-8 truck
- Truck must be no more than 40 ft. in length
- 24-26 ft. bed length
- Wheel pocket height less than 3 ft.
- Minimum 10k winch, 10k rear hitch, center rail, sliding ramps, and dovetail.
Supplies Recommended For Your Truck
- Load securement straps with a WLL of at least 2,500 lbs.
- Wheel chocks
- 1 spring lock (D ring) or quick link to attach the emergency break cable to your truck
- Zip ties or bungees for license plate
- Spare fuses and light bulbs
- Assortment of bungee cords