Welcome to the first step in becoming an independent contractor for Indiana Transport’s Drive-Away Division! This division focuses on transporting motorized RV’s throughout the US and Canada. We are excited to show you what our industry-leading operation has to offer. Please take a moment to read over the details and qualifications on this page, and don’t forget to call us if you have any questions!
After reading through the requirements below, if you would like to continue the process of becoming a contractor, submit the Application, MVR consent form, PSP consent form, and our recruiting department will follow-up via email the next business day. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you!
Independent Contractor Qualifications
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- Class A or B CDL with air brakes preferred, but not required.
- Must have at least 1 year or 25,000 miles of experience operating similar equipment.
- Must have a smart phone device, Android or iPhone. No flip phones.
- Must pass a DOT drug test, DOT physical, background check, and road test prior to being dispatched
Tow Vehicle Requirements (tow vehicle is optional)
- Acceptable appearance and condition
- <3,500 lbs. full of fuel (scale ticket required)
- Must be flat towed using an RV-mounted tow bar, no trailers or dollies will be accepted
- Properly installed base plate
- Safety cables
- Removable exterior light kit
- Supplemental braking system
- Proof of auto liability insurance
- 3 orange DOT approved triangles
- Extra screws or bungees to attach a license plate to the RV
- Breaker bar or torque wrench with 3/4″, 13/16″, & 7/8″ shallow wall deep sockets
- Painters tape
- A padlock